This variation of SOS (Shit On A Shingle), A.K.A. Chipped Beef on Toast is a healthier alternative to the traditional recipe. The Major’s recipe even takes it a step further by using low fat ingredients.
Prep and Cook Time: Approx. 15 min.
1 can Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup (only 2g fat compared to 2.5 g from 98% fat-free varieties)
1/2 can non-fat milk (measure in Campbell’s can)
1 7oz Can tuna in water- drained
Whole grain toast
1 cup Sweet Peas
Salt & Pepper to taste
butter or margarine
- Open cream of mushroom soup and place in small pot on low heat
- Stir in 1/2 can of non-fat milk
- Open Tuna and stir into soup mix, breaking up any large chunks of tuna
- Add optional ingredients if desired
- Toast bread (butter if desired)
- Cover toast with Cream of Tuna mix